1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

recently having sciatica pain from an injury

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NameK, Aug 29, 2020.

1. NameK

NameK Well known member

So recently I have been having some new symptoms show up conveniently one of them being sciatica.

I was moving a wood pallet and I guess my body was twisted in a weird way and suddenly pain shot down my lower back and into my left leg. It only hurts when i move a certain way and I'm suppose to help my dad and his friend finish up our deck today.

I woke up today and the pain in my lower back/ butt is alot worse today.

I

I've also been dealing with some numbness in my foot today as well.

I have also been dealing with some recent new symptoms starting this past Tuesday with my left hand getting numb and switching to my right hand at times. And this has even my health anxiety a good run for its money (thinking I have diabetes at 25 due to the numbness and increased hunger and thrist which is just silly)

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi NameK,

Many here have found sciatica to be a mind-body symptom.

Also, numbness which switches sides is probably a pretty reassuring sign that it is mind-body. Good luck in your TMS work! The work may never end, but we get better at it!!

Andy

3. NameK

NameK Well known member

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I have days where I feel fine for the most part minus alittle muscle tension in my neck, shoulders and others where I get weird random symptoms that go away once I stop obessing over them.

Unfortunately my health anxiety hasn't been the greatest and I keep thinking I have diabetes which for my age weight and height wouldn't make sense although I don't have the best diet admittedly (I crave sugar throughout the day and eat more then I should )

Its only because of my recent symptoms of numbness in my left hand and foot along with being hungry 2 hours or so sometimes less after a meal or i always feel dehydrated

(again i don't drink enough water throughout the day at times)

But if I wasnt worrying about that in sure it would be something else and I dont really want to go to a doctor unnecessarily especially with the pandemic going on and cases are starting to go up again where I live.