1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Recap and starting 3rd Week

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wannarun, May 31, 2015.

1. wannarun

wannarun Peer Supporter

I'm trying to not really think about how I feel. If I let me mind go there it becomes an absolute train wreck. That being said I'm making progress in my life. One of the biggest fears I have is sitting. When I first started read the Sarno book. I tried sitting again. I probably only sat for about 3 hours that day and then had horrible pain for about a week before I could get it to clear. I have an app on my phone I use for tracking my time with clients on various projects. I decided to create a new project called Pain Free. The first sub task in the "Pain Free" project is "Sit"

Results to Date
    5/28/2015 - 55 minutes
    5/29/2015 - 1 Hour 14 Minutes
    5/30/2015 - 3 Hours 33 minutes

I know Saturday was a bigger jump than I probably would have liked, but my youngest just turned 11 and really really wanted to go to this restaurant that is about 45 minutes from our house. Honestly, I was getting a little nervous towards the end of my trip, but I kept telling myself it is just TMS, it is just TMS. The pain is still there, but I don't feel like I need to hide under a blanket for the rest of the day. It is also the first time I've gone to a restaurant with my family in a long time. It has been so long I can't even remember the last time the four of us went to a restaurant.

I also moved my laptop from the floor to a desk. If I want to use my laptop, I'll need to sit.

Still not cured, but definitely working my way back to having a normal life.

MSZ812 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Wannarun. I am so proud of you, and happy that you are making such good progress.
    You should congratulate yourself for sitting longer and going to the restaurant with your fa,ily.

Keep up the good work in teh SEP. It takes time but you will keep feeling better. You will get more than
    your normal life back. You are going to feel healthier and happier than ever.

MSZ812 likes this.