1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Reassurance & guidance needed please

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by JWT1, Aug 31, 2015.

1. JWT1

JWT1 New Member

Hi Jan,

Thanks very much for your guidance. I had a bit of a setback last night in that I woke up in the middle of the night what felt like multiple tendons burning up through my body. I got up and shook them off but when I woke again I was hurting in many more places including more tendon points and muscles. I've managed to get through this morning without painkillers up to now and am forcibly pushing aside the discomfort I'm feeling. Its not easy though as you know but I have notcied that it gets easier to ignore the pain once I've done it a few times. It's these blasted big night time blow ups that are the worst for me but my theory is that if I can master the pain in the day and accept it, and work on my emotions through the SEP then this should (fingers crossed) calm me down through the nights. Am hoping so anyway, does that sound like a good plan to you? I'm also going to read Claire's literature and The Great Pain Deception book.

John.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It does sound like a good plan, John. And if it doesn't work, you will try something else! There's no one solution that works for everyone, because every human that ever lived is a unique individual, and we are very complex. But there are some universal things in this work, one of which is to think psychological rather than physical, and you're on your way there.

Be kind to yourself, be accepting of where you are at, and try doing a short little meditation at night when you're ready to go to sleep: Start with some calm breathing, followed by physical relaxation of your entire body, and then visualize sleeping through the night in complete relaxation, allowing yourself to have those hours without negative thoughts, without tensing up, and with peace. You don't need to spend very long at this, a few minutes is all that is needed if you can completely clear your mind for those few minutes, stop all of background chatter in your head, and give yourself permission to have a good night's sleep.

Keep us posted!

3. JWT1

JWT1 New Member

Thanks for that Jan, I'll give that relaxation technique a go tonight. Thanks for all your help and time. I'll let you know how things go.

John.

JanAtheCPA likes this.