1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Really stiff/tense back

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by johnebbe, Apr 13, 2022.

1. johnebbe

johnebbe New Member

Hi!

I'm back again. Cured pain in back, shoulder and forearms 1 year ago using TMS-techniques.

5 months ago a crashed my bike, broke my shoulder and had to go through surgery. Everything went well and 3 weeks ago my shoulder were more or less healed.

I started going back to the gym and my second session I was doing quite light squats when I felt an intense pain in my back. Had to let go of the weight and lie down on the floor. Since then my back has been killing me. My lower back is so tense that I can't move properly. Only time I can be pain free is when lying down on the floor.

What do you guys think, can such intense stiffness be caused by TMS? It does make sense as I'm terrified of my back never healing.

BR John

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @johnebbe
    I think you pretty much answered your own question.
    Breaking your shoulder, going thru surgery is a lot on your nervous system especially for someone with TMS.
    You might want to get your back checked out by the Dr. and simply do what you did to recover many TMS symptoms you did in the past. No matter what is going on, decreasing fear will be helpful. Keep reminding yourself of your past success while being gentle on yourself now. You’ve been through a lot.