1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Really interesting link about the unconcious...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Nattycakes, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Nattycakes

Nattycakes Peer Supporter

This link has been really helpful to me with understanding our emotions and getting them out.. Hope that it can help some of you as well!

http://www.cyquest.com/pathway/

KathyBee and Stock Trader like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

That's a fascinating site! Just going through it briefly (which took about 30 minutes!) has given me some things to think about in terms of emotional change and progress.

I could see this program appealing to people who are interested in a more emotional/spiritual alternative to our SEP. Very very interesting, and, I have no doubt, quite effective.

Nattycakes likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Nattycakes, I also thank you for sharing that link.
    I strongly believe in adding the spiritual element to TMS healing.
    I was estranged from my church, Catholic, for many reasons, and
    reading PAIN FREE FOR LIFE, Dr. Scott Brady suggested making
    peace with my faith. I did it right away and immediately felt better
    and believe it was a big help in healing my TMS-caused back pain.

Nattycakes likes this.
  4. KathyBee

KathyBee Peer Supporter

This looks like a really good site. I think I will try some of these out. Between that and all the things here that is quite a bit to try out, but I think every bit helps.

Walt, I am interested in the part about making peace with your faith. I am a spiritual person, but do not belong to the faith I was raised in. I will just say "for many reasons" because it is a long story and would probably offend people of the faith I left. I do not want to go back to my old faith, as I prefer the spiritual path I am on now. However I think it would be helpful to have some kind of forgiveness/letting go. A little bit like how you want to forgive an ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend but you do not want to get back together with them.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

KathyBee, I agree that we can get a lot of help dealing with our TMS pain from many healing techniques. I've found them all worth trying.
    I may never really know which technique got me pain-free, but one or more of them did.

I really believe that asking God to help heal me was a big factor for me in my back pain healing. I had several years of anger at my Catholic Church for covering up priest pedophilia and becoming so political. Reading PAIN FREE FOR LIFE, I took the advice of Dr. Scott Brady and made peace with my church. I began to feel better right away. You don't have to go back to your old faith. Go forward on the spiritual path you are on now. I believe everyone prays to one God, no matter what church we go to. But I hope you will practice forgiving and letting go. If it applies to you old faith, forgive and let go. There's nothing quite like the peace that comes from it.

On the subject of faith, I've been working on some TMS in pop culture examples and posted two today. I hope you can take a look at that posting started by Steve Ozanich. Maybe you can think of examples to add.

Have a great day.

6. KathyBee

KathyBee Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt. I will add it to the list of things I need to let go of.