1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Really bad grip strength in right hand, TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Segastar, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

I posted recently about my struggles as a videogame hobbyist and I decided to read Healing Back Pain and went to the gym tonight and took it slow cause apparently I'm more out of shape than I thought.....

However, my right hand is super weak, at least in terms of grip strength, and I believe I've had this issue for a few years cause I'm left hand dominant. The main issue I've come to this forum was pain and other discomfort from gaming but maybe my brain is distracting me by giving me issues when I lift.

I'm broke right now so I can't really go get all the tests done but I decided to get a few of Sarnos books and give the TMS approach a try.

Should I be worried my right hand grip strength is pretty weak or not?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

No, you should not. It is not uncommon to have muscle weakness due to TMS. Muscular anomalies is another manifestation of TMS. I was told that I had muscle weakness in my hands and was given EMG to prove it. I ignored their recommendations and fully recovered.

Idearealist likes this.
  3. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Alright then, I've had it for a few years so it's never gotten worse but that probably just means I need to get to the cause of it.

TG957 likes this.
  4. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

I have it too, Segastar. I am going to resume lifting anyway.

Segastar likes this.
  5. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Yeah im just going through the nerves and i think my body is tricking me like crazy cause now i got nagging pain all over, some of it is exercise related but some of it isn't.