1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Realize or Solve

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Emre, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Emre

Emre Peer Supporter

Hi to all:)
    I am a new TMS from Istanbul Turkey:)
    Great source of information hrre i thank you all!

My question is :
    Is it not enough to realize that we have repressed emotions to get rid of the pain? Or do we have to find out what they are, theor source -and do we have to kind of 'solve' them?
    I read Sarno's book 2 weeks ago. At first all my pain in my back both upper and lower dissappeared:) even though i was half way through the book...but the pain in my upper back came back...not as bad and as strong as before but still..
    Does that mean that i need psycotherapy as Sarno mentions or can i work it all by myself via all these courses on this site?

Thank you all again:)
    Emre

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

You do not have to realize your repressed emotions to heal, it's enough to know they exist.

2 weeks is not long enough to heal. Read his book again and LIVE the words.

You have to do more work.

Good luck

Steve

3. Emre

Emre Peer Supporter

Thank you very much.
    What more work specifically?
    Journalling? Thinking psychologically? No physical treatment?
    The pain went away without me doin these...but came back even though i am practicing all those pricinples, this confuses me..
    Best wishes
    Emre

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Emre. Steve has given you the best advice. He knows!

Journaling is a great way to discover who you really are, what bugs you, and what are the causes
    of your repressed emotions.

Yes, definitely... think the pain is caused psychologically, not structurally.

No physical treatment is necessary (assuming you had a medical checkup and nothing structural
    is causing your pain). Dr. Sarno says, as you know, even if an X-ray or MRI shows a herniated disc,
    that doesn't cause pain and you don't need an operation or other physical treatment.

You won the battle before, now just do it again.

I'm in a Chicago suburb. Glad to visit with someone from Turkey.

Emre likes this.
  5. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Hi, Emre, and welcome. I'm from Canada but Istanbul is one of my very favorite world cities. As to TMS my response is Bring it on! What I mean is that I have had TMS all my life. In fact, it is the human condition. It is our companion on the journey. Without TMS, I might get complacent, forgetful of the journey, thinking I have arrived at the destination. TMS makes sure this doesn't happen. Paradoxically, to accept suffering is to end it.

Does this sound a bit crazy? Not post-modern enough for 2014? I don't care. Eyvallah!

Emre likes this.
  6. Emre

Emre Peer Supporter

Eyvallah njoy:))i appreciate it:)

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

njoy, I so agree that TMS and pain is lifelong and so is our healing through TMS techniques,
    and we learn so much about ourselves and others by knowing about TMS. The pain has a purpose.