1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Ready to not be prey to the whimsy of my over protective Brain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ashwhee7, Feb 25, 2019.

1. ashwhee7

ashwhee7 New Member

I'm pretty excited about this. I've had migraines my whole life(age 3), Sciatic issues since my teens, broken my ankle and torn some ligaments messing with my alignment. Anxiety popped up a few years ago but I've started to tame that beast. This last year was emotionally the toughest year in my life. In a matter of 3 weeks 3 very important people disappeared from my life. Within a week I had the most consistent low back and hip socket pain until a few months ago. Today it is back but only after I decided to start with day 1. Funny how that is happening- brain revolt. I've had this book(Healing Back Pain) for 2 years, and while looking for a gardening book it was just there on the shelf waiting for the perfect moment to really bring it home. I read it and bam! it just fit so many arenas of my life and some others I'm pretty sure will fall under the same area(but I'm going to see how they change first.)

I've known for a while most of my issues were tied to my conditioning and my emotions. Both are rooted in fear instilled in me as a child, and then continually reinforced throughout my life by the same forces and then the rest of civilization. Knowing what it is and knowing how to handle it are different. I am excited to be here and finally have the tools to get started diverge from that trenched track. I know this is going to work.

My TMS:
    Migraines("triggers" food, whiplash/jostling, anxiety, working out, not eating, not sleeping, hormone change, specific lights & noises, sinus, crying)
    Sciatic pain
    Low back pain
    Left hip socket pain
    Right ankle pain
    Left bottom foot pain
    Anxiety
    Knee pain - recent
    Breathing sharp pain in chest around lungs and sides
    Tinitus
    ----------Maybe these too???----------------------
    *mostly bc I've seen these tied to some of my other TMS Symptoms
    Dandruff
    Immense hair growth in all the wrong places
    Itchy lump on my hand and leg - abrasions from two separate incidences within days of each other but have been around for a year(separate 3rd one has healed)

2. Fredric

Fredric New Member

I really relate.

ashwhee7 likes this.