1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

ready to do whatever it takes to heal

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

I would say I have healed 97% from my pelvic pain sometimes it comes up rarely but I know exactly what it is and it subsides fairly quickly.

However, since healing that pain I have had symptom substitutions left and right! From OCD to bloating to anxiety and When a new thing comes up when I realize it is TMS I apply the same approach but it's not before long another TMS thing pops up to take its place. Clearly, the deep purpose for the pain is still there. I do expressive writing, I go to therapy I am open with my emotions but stuff keeps coming up.

So how do I address the root problem? I have addressed the problems with my family the anger I have towards them, I have addressed and felt the feelings of confusion about my sexuality. My therapist says I don't need to actually change something in my life to heal. I don't need to know my sexuality right now and it is okay to be angry with my family. So then what do I do?

What emotions am I not feeling or how can I get my self to feel them if therapy and writing are not working? Is it possibly harmful to me to still have a relationship with a man? My therapist says it isn't and I agree but then what can I do to get to the root cause of my brain trying to distract me. I think it has been from a young age I have had forms of distraction, I had eczema which is a TMS equivalent, problems with skin picking and anxiety... It feels like I have always had something so what can I do address the true purpose of the TMS so it is no longer necessary.

FredAmir and Click#7 like this.
  2. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

3. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Kylin love yourself !!!!

4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

If you have not tried my Nine-Step Rapid Recovery Plan, I am happy to send you my Rapid Recovery podcast as a gift to try and see if it gives you the edge you need. Just message me with your email if you you want to try it.