1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Ready for a new start

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jacob, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Hi,

I've had fibromyalgia pain and chronic fatigue since 2009. The pain used to be so bad that I spent most of my time lying in bed, just enveloped in excruciating pain throughout my body.

I found the TMS approach a few years ago. It helped me tremendously. I read a couple of Sarno's books, and went through the program on this site, and my pain decreased significantly. However, I only made it about halfway through the program before quitting. I guess my pain decreased enough that I stopped caring too much about it and starting going on with my life. However, it never went away completely.

While my pain is significantly less than it used to be, I still have constant pain and fatigue, and at times when I get really tense, it does still get pretty bad sometimes. I wonder if I had kept with the program, if I would have been able to conquer the pain entirely. So I've decided to restart the program, stick with it this time, and hopefully conquer this once and for all.

Jacob

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jacob. I'm glad you have started the SEProgram again. You just felt you had healed enough and stopped I the first time. Your subconscious wants you to work again on the repressed emotions causing your pain. Keep with the program this time. It will work for you if you believe 100 percent in TMS emotions causing you pain.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jacob,

Welcome to the Forum! Or should I say, Welcome back!

I have recovered from fibromyalgia using the TMS approach. I remember that during my recovery I hit a plateau at about 80% pain free and stayed there for a few months. I finally was able to get to 100% pain free. All together it took me about a year. The fatigue was the last thing to leave. Some of us just require longer to recover. Hang in there, and know you are on the right path and can get to 100% pain free.

4. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Thanks for the replies! It's always encouraging to hear of someone else who recovered from the same thing! Can you give any tips or insight into what it was that helped you get past the plateau? Was there a piece you were missing? Some deeper issues you needed to work through? Something you needed to understand better or more fully integrate? Thanks!