1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

read something that concerned me

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by tgirl, Mar 22, 2016.

1. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Someone posted something about a symptom occurring in a response to a 'TMS flaring'. My symptoms is pretty constant and not just a flare. Now, it does get better sometimes but it is mainly present (except in bed). Reading 'flaring' indicates to me that it should only be there sporadically. Would someone mind commenting on this please? There doesn't have to be an ovbvious cause and effect does there?

I was thinking that in my situation I overstimulated my nervous system at some point due to a TMS issue and now I have to calm myself down and it just taking a very long time...

Debbie

2. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

I think tms is super tricky. It is different for everyone. I lived in constant tms symptoms for over a year. I now have it come and go but that's with ongoing tms therapy and constant fighting against it.

3. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Crissy. I know you live in the same province as me. Where did you find TMS therapy?

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I agree with Crissy that TMS manifests itself in many different ways.
    After battling constant pain for most of my life, I now live pain-free most days. When TMS rears its ugly head, I sometimes refer to that as a flare. That lets me know I have issues to deal with, and a subC to challenge.

MWsunin12 likes this.
  5. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Gigi. I'm glad to hear you have a handle on all of this.