1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 Rather not!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Vital_Nature, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Vital_Nature

Vital_Nature Newcomer

I discovered that I'd really rather not think about what makes me angry or sad. Anything but that! It sat on my desk all day, but I finally turned to it, completed it, and I survived! Nothing awful in there, but I really don't like to ponder these things. I suspect this theme will repeat itself as the days progress!

In looking at the Commitment page, I realize that my pain isn't so bad to make me miss things I love doing. It just gets in my way when I want to do simple things, like tie my shoes or get into a car.

Moving along! Day 3 tomorrow.
    Jeff

breakfree likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jeff,
    You are stretching yourself, and realize you'll be OK. That's great. The SEP is designed to give you a little inquiry at a time, and not overwhelm you. In time, you may actually enjoy investigating and feeling that which is a little scary or sad. For many of us, there is a satisfaction that comes from finally being with --in a gentle way-- those things inside that we've been running from. Sounds like you're on your way.
    Andy B