1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Rage rant from having young kids

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Hedger, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

My kids are like 4 and 1.5 years old. Since October they have been sick 65% of the weeks and me too. It's been several stomach flues throwing up, its been 2 severe flue/cold with 104F (40C) fevers several days on the whole family and various other colds. I have had two sinusitis following the colds (for weeks).

I feel like I don't have a life. Its just sickness, whining and crying. It´s ridiculous. Either Covid has destroyed our immune systems or there is some sort of catchup of all other viruses after the worlds lockdown/distancing etc. Its been on the news in our country that this winter has had a record number of different viruses and especially severe winter for children and sickness.

Or its fucking TMS for me as an adult? Like, I get almost everything the kids get and my wife just a few of them. Maybe my immune system is suppressed as a TMS symptom to keep me occupied with shit. I don't know. I just know that I´m extremely angry and a bit depressed. I´m loosing interest in family life... It fucking sucks. My 1.5 year old has been constantly sick for fucking 5 months!! And its just whining and crying and suffering every fucking week. So when I look at him now I just get irritated. There is just so much one can take. And at the same time he is like that because he is suffering constantly from fever and shit. Thank god my 4 year old is a fantastic brother and in a phase where he is easy to deal with and happy, even when sick.

I just can't stop wondering if this is really how it is supposed to be?! Have we reached some sort of critical mass of NR of people on this earth and now we get to suffer from diseases.

Thinking of moving from the city out to the woods and just sit there and recover a few years.

Fuck my life. I hate it!!!

2. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

I saw a documentary about an African pygmies tribe where they let their emotions out by simply get up in the morning and rant (screaming) in public for as long as they need to. The ranting ritual is called the Mosambo.

I guess that is what I'm doing here. A digital Mosambo - my rant is probably more beneficial to me than to any of you ;)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    tgirl, JanAtheCPA and Mr Hip Guy like this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

There is nothing harder than raising young children, even when they are healthy. You have my complete and total sympathy.

tgirl, JanAtheCPA and Hedger like this.
  4. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

You're in the trenches now but it will get better and believe it or not you will miss these tender (albeit messy lol) years. Remember it all passes. To give you some perspective, my younger son who is 17 now, has autism, can't talk, tantrums, epilepsy and a host of other medical problems. He recently regressed back into diapers and I'll care for him until I die. I used to have the thought "I hate my life" almost every minute of the day ( I felt suicidal and homicidal for a good few years) but I can honestly say I don't anymore. There are times I feel frustrated and bitter and devastated, but mostly I have acceptance now. I've reframed things in my mind and not repressing emotions. The positive emotions far outweigh the difficult ones now.

Ellen, Hedger, tgirl and 2 others like this.
  5. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Yeah that’s definitely some perspective

miffybunny likes this.
  6. I don't think it's necessarily TMS or anything like that - it seems like this winter has been particularly bad for illnesses, especially for kids. And with Covid still floating around, it's definitely made things more challenging.
    But that being said, it's important to take care of yourself and your mental health too. It's okay to feel angry and frustrated, but it's also important to try and find ways to cope with those feelings so they don't consume you.
    Have you considered talking to a therapist or counselor? Guys from https://fosterplus.org/what-it-takes (What it Takes - Foster Plus) might be able to provide some guidance and support during this difficult time. And taking a break by moving out to the woods for a while could be a great idea too - nature can be really healing and restorative.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2023
    Hedger and Sita like this.
  7. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Thanks for the support. I just feel exhausted coping =(. The tough time just keep coming. I need a fucking break. Most of all I need to sleep, fucking sick kids crying at night for half a year...

I´m glad I can offload and rant in this community

8. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@Hedger
    You mentioned your wife “goes away” - why don’t you? Take a few hours or a day “off” for some self care!

9. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

The hyperlink provided above by an unvetted newcomer with only this one post, whose connection to our topic is unknown, has been removed. In addition to this being the only post, note the bland and generic nature of the language and the unhelpful advice ("moving out to the woods"???) combined with a very specific link - supposedly to a children's foster care agency (inappropriate much?).

People are paid to find forums and make posts like this - sometimes it's pure spam/phishing, sometimes it's an attempt to get people to click on links in order to enhance search engine rankings (Forest taught me about that one). The indicators are: newcomer, no connection to our topic, and bland, generic language.

Feel free to click "Report" on anything that looks suspicious - it will be carefully reviewed and/or moderated as needed.