1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Rage and frustration

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by COgirl05, Mar 9, 2016.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

ive gotten rid of a lot of physical symptoms lately which been great by practicing outcome independence. I've noticed that it's been replaced with an almost conscious rage sensation and extreme frustration and annoyance. I am 4 months postpartum but I know depression can be TMS too. Any thoughts? I practice deep breathing to try to soothe it.

2. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Hi COgirl! I've been getting the same thing except I feel like I traded my "sadness" for rage, frustration, & anger. I have been trying to deal with it by actually letting myself get mad, really letting myself feel it. I think a lot of my problem was that I'd keep my anger in, or at least at bay, for whatever reason (be it guilt, feeling like I should control myself, if you're annoyed just get over it, etc.). I found that by letting myself really non-judgmentally feel the rage was no different than having a good cry. But, I promise myself to feel it, then let it go completely. No hanging on to it for the rest of the day, week, or month. That was just making me a ticking time bomb.
    Also, postpartum depression can kick in any time within the first year after giving birth, your hormones are definitely still up and down right now, especially if you are breastfeeding. Good luck!

Sienna likes this.
  3. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

This is very normal an it will pass. Meditation may help.

4. Ftaghn!

Ftaghn! Peer Supporter

Hey COgirl. Strange you should post that, I had EXACTLY the same thing last week. Some of my old pains disappeared, but left me perpetually on edge, frustrated, anxious. I had zero idea what to do with that, but it seemed at the time like a piece of the puzzle was missing.

5. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

Thanks for the responses. I have been deep breathing since I posted this and I think it's gotten better. I'm also actively trying to just accept things the way they are with my kids and in life and move on. I feel a little better. However, today I woke up with a kink in my back again. The pain in my lower back has moved around all over and it's in a different place yet again. I guess all this change is just part of the process! I know I'll get there and that I'm beating it. The best thing I can do is practice outcome independence.