1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Rage Aginst The Rage ?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by RikR, Feb 21, 2013.

1. RikR

RikR Well known member

I am very aware that one of my emotions that is so powerful now is not “Getting Mine” starting in childhood and now what TMS and childhood wounding has done to take away my life.

My inner child just wants to go play, never to have known what a “Sarno” is or psychology or the thousand and one other “have to’s” or shoulds.

My play as a child was always steeped with concern on what was going on at home or the ridicule at school when other children saw our poverty and knew my step fathers were alcoholics in a small community.

I am working with that rage......

So now my rage is also against TMS and it stealing my life –I an angry at being sick and in total, disabling pain..... how do you work with that??

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hey Rik. I would be writing. Writing directed at the symptoms and how you feel about them. I remember being constant pain and not being able to do anything fun.

I feel sad about some of what you said. I understand how cruel kids can be though, and remember some not-so-pleasant times in school which I have journaled about, even writing feelings letters to the kids (not mailed). Of course as an adult I know things about their families that I did not at the time, so I understand why they were they way they were to some extent, however, the child Lori did not get that. so I write it from the 4th grader's perspective. The inner child needs the release.

I never underestimate the power of writing or talking something out. There are even a-ha moments where a physical internal adjustment can be felt.