1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Quite embarassing, but is this some kind of TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Xanamcx, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Xanamcx

Xanamcx New Member

I'm just wondering if it is a TMS symptom or what. It is quite embarassing but puzzling at the same time. My son was ill yesterday and I was of course worried sick. Nursed him overnight but was able to sleep on and off and by 4Am I woke up and I smelled so bad! Bad case of body odor but I've never smelled that way before! I believe I am aware of how I smell. But this time it was really weird.

I am battling a lot of issues at the moment but I am really confused with this 'event'.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance. X

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You're probably depressed, possess a typical TMS personality, self-conscious, perfectionist--take a shower--problem solved, no one died from BO. What was wrong with your son? Does the "Xana..." in your moniker stand for Xanax?

g'luck!
    tt/lsmft

3. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

My first thought was, are you diabetic? Don't mean to scare you, just checking, ruling out things.
    Your night was spent mostly in fear, and that means a lot of chemical reactions were going on. So that could alter the way your body smells. Another TMS distraction perhaps?
    Hope your son is recovering, and you too.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, X. I think Zumbafan is right that you were under a lot of stress overnight with your son, and chemical reactions were going on in your body.
    Don't worry about it. A shower and some body spray probably will get rid of any odor. I too hope your son is recovering.

5. Xanamcx

Xanamcx New Member

Zumbafan thanks for the reply. Diabetics give off body odor. Oh no maybe I am.

6. Xanamcx

Xanamcx New Member

My son developed fever after vaccination and he was so unsettled. I know very common but with everything going on at the moment I am quite on edge. Not really about xanax, but when I was younger I listen to rock music and they usually put x's before and after names.

7. Xanamcx

Xanamcx New Member

Thanks Walt. He's much better now. So it could be TMS right? It's just so overwhelming.

8. Tennis Tom

Well, maybe a little Xanax wouldn't hurt right now. You do sound very overwhelmed by stuff that isn't that out of the norm of daily life. Maybe it's time to see your doctor and get an rx for some mild tranquilizers or anti-depressants. Dr. Sarno was not opposed to using meds when things get to be too much and anxiety prevents one from focusing on doing the TMS work. Small doses of anti-depressants have been shown to help with TMS back pain. I wouldn't want to take them for long-term use but to get through a rough patch is OK, that's what they are there for.

Lizzy likes this.
  9. Xanamcx

Xanamcx New Member

To be honest I am really scared of medications. I want to get better yes but I would rather go through therapy than drugs. It is just that these symptom imperatives keep on bugging me. First my back pain returned but I got rid of it because I have been successful with that before and it is easy for me to always do that whenever I get new back pains. Next my bladder. Then my eyes. Then now this weird body odor. It's one after the other. You told me before about acceptance. I guess I will never ever change what my life has become and continue to be. My psyche still hasn't accepted that maybe that is why I have so much symptoms.

10. Tennis Tom

Thanks for replying, question: did your body odor go away with soap and a shower?

You're probably scared of meds because that is the current vogue--anti-big pharma. Would you prefer to get POLIO, SMALL-POX, MEASLES? If you were in a terrible accident with compound fractures would you look up at the ER doc and say "No morphine please, give me accupuncture." This anti-medication thing is just a fad and a stupid and dangerous one. We're setting ourselves up for the plague.

If you have had therapy and you keep getting TMS symptoms, it's time to switch therapists--yours isn't "curing" you. At this site there is a section on picking TMS practitioners and their contacts, take a look at it. You can change your life--that's what TMS is all about, acceptance is one tool to doing that, but there are many others that are pro-active giving you back the power to decide your fate on this planet to be a leader and not a lemming.

11. Xanamcx

Xanamcx New Member

That strong body odor went away after a shower. It was just so weird to have that smell since I've never had that kind of strong odor ever. So I guess that was TMS. I was overwhelmed or scared by motherhood- because it entails acceptance that you are taking care of a child all the negatives and positives of it. I was just thinking that probably I was still in denial that's why that symptom came up- to distract me from the more important issue.

I am working on getting a therapist from PPC via Skype at the moment. I live in the UK so there aren't many here.

12. Tennis Tom

There are TMS practitoners in the UK, Georgie Oldfield is the foremost known, there was a recent TMS conference held in London.

See the "PRACTITIONER" list on the sidebar on the home page here.

Get Nicole Sack's great little TMS book, she writes a lot about motherhood & TMS. She's a TMS therapist who learned directly from Dr. Sarno. She probably does skype.

Thanks for replying,
    G'luck!
    tt

13. Xanamcx

Xanamcx New Member

I will try her if things doesn't work out with the one that I will see.

Thanks a lot for your replies and support.