1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Quick question: squeezing/pressure sensation around lower back

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by lilfrankster101, Jun 3, 2016.

1. lilfrankster101

lilfrankster101 New Member

I feel a lot of pressure on a certain spot on my lower back. It's like a localized tension feeling, like a squeezing feeling. While it's not exactly painful, it's the sensation I'm aware of the most. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar stiff/tight feeling at a certain spot on on their back. I just want to make sure that this is also TMS. It's not exactly painful, but it is uncomfortable.

Has anyone ever experienced this, and if so, did the sensation eventually go away?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS can manifest in so many creative ways, and I've experienced a large range of pain and other sensations that have all eventually gone away. But I think the important thing is to not become fixated on the symptoms or the body.

And there is no way that other members on a Forum can tell you definitely if a symptom is TMS or not. We all need to figure that out for ourselves, or if we are unable to do so, to consult a good TMS doctor or therapist. TMS is a very individualized phenomenon.

But keep asking questions and seeking answers, as that is how we learn. But at some point we all have to just start putting what we've learned into practice, and then we begin to change and recover.

Best wishes on your journey...

lilfrankster101 likes this.