1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Quick question: Has anyone ever cured tinnitus based on the theories of TMS/PPD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ScottForsyth, Nov 22, 2019.

1. ScottForsyth

ScottForsyth New Member

Has anyone cured their tinnitus with help from theories on TMS/PPD?

If yes, then please tell me how you did so? ;-)

2. LaughingKat

LaughingKat Peer Supporter

In an anxious moment a couple of days ago I felt myself starting to "have" tinnitus. I've never had or thought about it before but my ears were on my mind (strange image!) after an episode of vertigo. I went to tinnitus.org and followed their instructions. My "tinnitus" (or fear of it, which is really what the problem is according to the website) is gone. Good luck!

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hearing of things like this gives me hope that the psychological component of many conditions is becoming more mainstream!

Thanks for posting @LaughingKat!

BinLA and LaughingKat like this.
  4. ScottForsyth

ScottForsyth New Member

Thanks, I will take a look. Glad that you solved it!

5. Viridian

Viridian Peer Supporter

Hello Scott,

I've had great success in minimising both Tinnitus and Hyperacusis using TMS techniques. The tinnitus I actually healed for long periods without even knowing about TMS.

What I did was decide that it wasn't unpleasant! I just made a decision that it would no longer upset or hurt me. I learned to love it I suppose. I stopped closing gates quietly, stopped playing my music at baby volumes, I stopped focusing any attention on it.

When I could hear it at night I imagined it as a dissonant companion rather than something scary. I accepted it to the point where I started to think it would be weird and lonely for it not to be there. Now I hardly ever notice it, or the Hyperacusis - and I work in an office above a factory full of band-saws, industrial CNC machines - a cacophony of hellish noise to most.

The one thing I need to face now is overprotecting my ears at band practice, I still wear ear defenders as the level of noise is huge and I find it easier to isolate myself and hear my voice when wearing them, but it's not a big issue which affects or upsets me.

6. grapefruit

grapefruit Peer Supporter

I had faint, random tinnitus that disappeared with my back pain. It was never severe but more just annoying. But I have not had it in ages now.