1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Questions: multi-pain & other resources

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jane G, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Jane G

Jane G New Member

Good morning. I am new, just starting the SEP. I would like some guidance on the current (for two years now) pain areas (back -T6,7,8 - Left) and Butt down back outer thigh to calf - Right). I have read that typically with TMS the pain is in one area. I have no doubt at all that my back pain is TMS. If i concentrate really hard and hold the conversation with my brain i can actually stop the pain. It comes right back as soon as i shift what im thinking about but what evidence! so i am on board! However i cant do this with my butt and leg pain. this pain flairs up when sitting - especially driving and it gets excruciating after about 10 minutes of driving. how do i know if this is TMS or something else? Most practitioners have agreed that it's hamstring/fascia tightness & sciatic - but it stops completely when walking and moving in general. kneeling is more comfortable than standing or sitting, etc...
    second question - other folks with programs (ex. Alan, Nicole Sachs). should i just focus on the SEP or just do Alan's program? or Nicole's? or is there value in combining a couple for saturation!
    Thank you in advance for your guidance. J.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Sitting is the second most benign activity in the world (after laying down). How could that provoke pain? It defies all of their structural mumbo-jumbo just like your reduction of symptoms with motion....what? Is that somehow changing the structure of your being?

I had the driving sciatica, and it went away after I began directing my attention to the rage makers in my life whenever a peep of a symptom began ....re-conditioning.

Sita and Jane G like this.
  3. Sita

Sita Well known member

When I was in pain and had to drive, I used to sing while driving. This helped me a lot. I would sing to God...but you don't have to if you are a nonbeliever. Just sing something and your brain can not pay attention to the pain and singing at the same time.

Take care.

BloodMoon likes this.
  4. Jane G

Jane G New Member

Wow! Love this! I’ve noticed that listening to podcasts allows me to make longer drives more tolerable. Thank you.

Sita likes this.