1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by 2BT4U, Apr 27, 2015.

1. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

hello im one of your newest members Wendy.

I've been reading Dr. Sarnos book....not finished yet....and have a question...he says to stop all treatments, medications etc..... I have been taking curcumin for the last 6 days for it's anti-inflammatory properties is this considered a medication that I would need to stop? Also, I have been having active release from my chiropractor that is helping me .... Would I need to stop this as well?

Thank you,
    Wendy

2. Mala

Mala Well known member

I personally think taking the curcumin is fine. After all its just tumeric & ppl use it all the time in cooking. I use it in milk as a health drink.

Mala

3. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

I stopped going to the chiropractor, and physiotherapist, when I fully believed the TMS diagnosis. Go easy on yourself, you are OK.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

As you get better, begin to question the benefits of any and everything that treats the physical rather than the psychological parts of you.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Wendy, I think Mala is right, that curcumin is harmless, but just don't let it keep you from thinking
    that it is going to heal yo. That will happen through 100 percent belief in TMS.
    Andy is right, too. I say the same thing he does about relying on even natural medications to cure us.
    It's MindBody vs. placebos.
    Dr. Sarno says most of what we fear is inflammatory is just in our head.

I find hot milk to be very relaxing, even with nothing in it. Mabye sometimes a little honey.