1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Question...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by PaulBlack, Jun 8, 2014.

1. PaulBlack

PaulBlack Peer Supporter

The "vacation syndrome" that Sarno's mentions in his book...
    I think this is more my constitution for TMS stuff, as when I am in the actual midst of say work problems etc., I feel pretty good, but after the work is over, my pains seem to manifest in the body and looked forwards to rest becomes a tooth and nail fight.

Can anyone give me some links of thought practices to break this process some?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Paul. Looks to me that you feel "pretty good" when at work because your mind is focused on things other than any pain.

Maybe you need to develop more and better relaxation skills... Meditation, deep breathing, exercise, mindfulness (living in the present moment and not thinking about the past or future). Maybe you just need a new hobby that would relax you and put your mind on some positive activity.

3. PaulBlack

PaulBlack Peer Supporter

Yeah, thanks for the reply Walt. I know I have to practice relaxing and not make relaxing/hobbies work too.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

One positive activity I like is to surf the web to learn about new things.
    I also like to read biographies and autobiographies, and history.

In the evening, I like to watch tv documentaries on nature, animals, history, biographies.

It all takes my mind off any pain or worry.