1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Question With Doctor Examine

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kalo, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, what Kathleen said. Dr. Sarno theorized that TMS is a PROTECTOR and not a punisher as Freud and others thought. It's a psychological defense mechanism. We've evolved to seek our comfort zone--our homeostasis--to avoid stress. I think it was Selye who "discovered" stress.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi again, Kalo.
    My sister is 86, a year older than I, and living at her home with the care of a daughter. Lee Ann says it's hard looking after her mom and recently got help from some local public service agency who sends a woman out once or twice a week to help her care for her mom. Maybe call around to learn if such care is available in your area. It helps lighten the load on caregivers.

3. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Thanks Walt,

I know we aren't supposed to think about our pain, and I am not trying to complain, well, maybe I am, LOL, but, it is sure hard to do TMS healing when you have to look out for another person! I will look to see if there is a local public service agency....Hopefully, something not to expensive!

Kalo