1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 question to ponder...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TheKingAdRock, Apr 14, 2016.

1. TheKingAdRock

TheKingAdRock New Member

What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind?

this may seem strange but one doctor told me to quit drinking coffee because it was 'like pouring battery acid on my nerves'. basically saying that the pain in my back I went to see her for was caused or made worse by drinking coffee. what an absurd thing to say! Even though at the time I knew it was ridiculous the thought does cross my mind every so often that maybe coffee/caffeine is somehow making my symptoms worse.

other than that I've heard in various forms to 'take it easy' 'be careful' and stop doing physical activities I love doing.

one thing that can absolutely send me into a rage is how dismissive most doctors were and how overconfident that I would heal quickly from their voodoo treatments because 'I'm young'