1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 question to ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TheKingAdRock, Apr 12, 2016.

1. TheKingAdRock

TheKingAdRock New Member

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

today is the last time I exercised. I did a leg workout with weights. physically it felt pretty good. one of my tms manifestations is 'sciatica' or pain/irritation in the back of my leg/s and leg workouts have seemed to be a trigger in the past.

emotionally I didn't feel that great tbh. the gym was fairly crowded and my self confidence/body image is very bad. I have 10-15 extra lbs I'm carrying that makes me very self conscious.

I am a bodybuilding hobbyist so working out is something that I LOVE to do. over the last three years I have gone on intermittent hiatuses from working out. sometimes several weeks to several months. I am feeling a bit frustrated though as it seems like I've been going in a futile circle of trying to get back in shape then having a TMS flair up and stopping exercise all together. but at least now I know it has just been TMS symptoms and not an injury like I had previously thought so that is encouraging and empowering to know.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Woohoo! Now that you're aware, you can break that cycle. Congrats!

TheKingAdRock likes this.
  3. Sean

Sean New Member

King...stay with it! If u are sending any positive momentum you are on the 'tip of the iceberg' so to speak...I find the momentum building as I progress...right now I would definitely say this approach of Dr. Sarno's works

TheKingAdRock likes this.