1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Question to Ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KevinB, Dec 10, 2015.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

During the past two weeks has your pain been moving around? How has this affected your belief in the diagnosis?

Hello community,

It took me a moment to realize, but yes, pain has been moving a bit. The pain has been consistent in the lower back/butt/leg when I walk, but I've noticed my left shoulder hurting a bit (for no reason), as well as my right elbow (again, no reason). Generally when I've had back issues in the past, that is the ONLY symptom.... so this is rather new, that is, to have more than one.... the back still wins in terms of keeping me distracted, but it's interesting to note the others. I feel like this is because I'm making some progress with regard to some emotions and some realizations that I clearly didn't address the last time I did the SEP. Some of this stuff is very intense, and emotionally challenging and painful, but I'm working on it, and trying to be honest with myself and kind... I keep telling myself that THIS is the type of work that matters, it will help me grow, irrespective of pain symptoms... I've been telling myself a lot lately Walt's phrase, "the best is yet to come"... I really like that. I don't always feel that way, but it's a good phrase to say to myself.

That's all for now. Blessings.

Kevin

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kevin. I'm glad you like my phrase "The best is yet to come." It really helps me on some bad days. I'm not Pollyanna or Mary Poppins.
    I have stresses like you and everyone else. It helps to do deep breathing, say that phrase to myself often, and remember that only one thing is fatal.