1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 19 Question to ponder - what am I proud of?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

At the moment I am most proud of the fact that I am learning to say no a lot more, and learning to stop worrying so much about what other people think. I've also stopped trying to take care of other people as much. It's not that I won't help them or support them at all, but I've pulled back from doing as much as I used to.

I'm also really pleased I've been able to start facing difficult emotions, research more about TMS, and work on the journalling. I've already achieved success in getting rid of my back/shoulder aches through journalling and "talking to the pain". This has given me increased motivation to overcome my neuropathic pain, fatigue and stomach problems.

In this process I have been growing and healing mentally, emotionally and spiritually, so that's been a significant achievement for me. Some days I have been so tired it's been difficult to do anything, but I have forced myself to get up, have a short worship/prayer time, do the SEP, and spend some time doing a guided meditation. Once I get up and do it, I usually feel much better - so I know it's all worth it in the end. :)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Laudisco, you've learned some really important things by saying no a lot more and stop worrying about what others think of you.
    Some friends and relatives can eat us alive with wanting our help. They need to stand on their own feet more.

Journaling is great for helping to discover the repressed emotions and causes of our pain, and it sounds like you're getting the benefits of this.

I hope you also find time to just relax and enjoy each day. Live in the moment and make that as pleasant as possible.

Keep up the great TMS work. Happy Turkey Day.

Laudisco likes this.