1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Question to ponder [RSI]

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by rsiman, Sep 13, 2018.

1. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind?

The rheumatologist I saw said doctors don't really understand RSI, it may go away in a couple months or never go away. The never go away part was the scariest. But he was actually overall encouraging, saying I was doing all the right things and that I caught it early. I have also read a ton of bad stories on the RSI subreddit, that place is full of bad stories with very little good ones, which probably didn't help my mind to read. Even when I believed that RSI is physical, (and I still not 100% sure my specific case is TMS honestly..) I still thought I was very likely to heal though. Though the longer it takes to feel better, it does make me sadder.

2. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

Instead of reading the RSI subreddit, you should read the TMS healing stories! It is hard to stay off forums like that. Focus on the positive - your doctor said you were doing all the right things and you caught it early. I can relate to your worry because I too go on reddit and read about IC, even though I don't even know if I have that condition or not! Why do we do this as humans?!? Sending you good thinking vibes and hope the program is helping with your RSI.

3. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Thank you! I never heard of IC I had to look it up that sucks! Idk I honestly thought RSI subreddit would be some good information, and I think it is, I mean that's where I heard of this TMS in the first place hehe. I don't know if this program is helping or not because my hands were already getting better, as long as they fully recover I don't care if TMS is my condition or not.