1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Question to ponder - How my life would be without TMS? [RSI]

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by rsiman, Sep 10, 2018.

1. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

I have had a lot of hand pain since I overdid it on videogames and my data entry job, hand pain for 7 months, resting hands for 3 of those 7 months so far. To be fair it has already gotten a good amount better, so very slowly though. I read MBP maybe a monthish ago, didn't seem to have much of an effect although I am very open to the idea, after a couple weeks I thought maybe I just had non-TMS RSI, but maybe I'm one of the people who aren't instantly cured.

Without TMS I could finally get a high paying job, or at least something that isn't fast food (which I absolutely hate) or manual labor (which is alright). I wouldn't stress out about ruining my life anymore and stop being such a loser. Not to mention I am pretty young to have any physical problems so it's really embarrassing. I could play videogames again which I really love to do. Plus all the little things modern life tries to force you into using the computer for would be so much easier (although I'm at a point where just doing a little bit on the computer isn't such a big deal). Yeah mostly I just want to stop being a loser going nowhere... Lol

2. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

It sounds like you want the best for yourself, and to have a life you feel proud of : )

3. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

True, and enjoy what everyone else enjoys freely, computers!

Free of Fear likes this.
  4. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

What would happen if you did allow yourself a little bit of time to play a videogame? You could time yourself and use the computer and get some good feeling vibes.

5. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

I have played a videogame the past couple days a little bit. I have been looking for jobs so I've been on my computer a lot of the time the past 5 days or so. Yesterday my hands felt like it was a little too much but they feel good again today.

6. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Are you talking to your brain when you're on the computer? Sometimes it really makes a difference in the pain if you are repeating what you are learning about the pain being benign, coming from emotions about past, present and future, your personality etc.

7. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

I've tried a little bit not sure it does much for me. Plus it makes it hard to concentrate.

Lizzy likes this.