1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Question please

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by gaby1511, Sep 11, 2015.

1. gaby1511

gaby1511 Peer Supporter

How can i change user name?? To be more private

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good question, gabriele. You can privately message Forest. Click on @Forest and then choose Start a Private Conversation. He'll be happy to do it for you. Pick a good one! He can only do it once :)

gaby1511 likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Forest, just out of curiosity, when you change an individuals id, does it...

a) change the ID associated to all of their historic posts and
    b) if someone has replied to a post which was made by the OP (person who has now change their ID), will the comments update to reflect the new ID, or will there still be a trace of the old ID? I'm assuming an id change doesn't cascade through.

Thanks

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I can answer that, Mike - the name will be changed on the avatar on all historical posts, threads, and profile entries by the member. However, as you suspect, if someone else has used the former name in a response, that can't be changed unless each entry is edited. Looking back at two threads, I think that might have been done in this case, for privacy reasons. I checked on another recent name change to see what has happened to old posts. The original name was very anonymous, but also very negative. The member's avatar and profile all have the new name, but the original name still shows up in responses. One responder used "@oldname" and the old name still shows, but if you click the link it goes to the correct user profile with the new name. If that makes sense.

So the answer is that the old name will live on in responses unless it is specifically edited by the administrator (which can be done, but would not be done except in cases where anonymity is at risk - and typically the member will catch on very quickly before making too many posts).

6. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Jan :)