1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Question and Comment

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by asomeck, Jul 23, 2013.

1. asomeck

asomeck New Member

Hi TMS Friends

Am getting so much from this process. It's also frustrating in that I am still looking for that aha moment when all is released, although from start to now I am much improved. Question for the community. The physical symptoms I now have seem to get worse at times when I am standing alot. I can't seem to relate any triggers to that and am wondering is that part of recovery...is my body also just recovering from all the pain I previously had and some of the compensation I used to be able to walk in which I may have developed physical symptoms that will go away with the healing process. I guess my question is is all the numbness and discomfort I have related to the psychologiacal or can some of it be actual pure physical that needs it time to heal.

Gracias
    Alan

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think it is just your body trying to grab your attention - just note it, but don't dwell on it - turn your mind and attention to something else.

gailnyc likes this.
  3. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Alan,
    It doesn't really matter if some of it is "really" physical. What you need to be aware of is that it is MOSTLY psychological. Of course, the pain is real, the compensation is real, the muscle tightness is all real. But what's causing it all? Your psyche.

Hecate is absolutely right. The trick is to not let your mind get distracted by your body. It is so easy to say yet so hard to do! Just remember that whenever you find yourself thinking about what's causing what in your body, remind yourself that it's only TMS and think about something else.

4. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

There's a video about panic attacks here that has a very interesting concept- accept the pain and ask for more. It's (possibly) your fear of the pain and fear of standing that are getting in your way- not the actual pain.