1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Question about the DCT for pelvic pain program.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Cygnus2122, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Cygnus2122

Cygnus2122 Newcomer

I have found this program for pelvic pain and it got me wondering if any of you are using or have used physical programs along with the program to fight TMS.

I fully believe that my pelvic pain is TMS but I’m also wondering if I need to do some exercises for it also.

The DCT program has a hefty price tag of $250.

What do you all think?

2. Serides1

Serides1 Newcomer

Hi Cygnus2122
    I had decades of pelvic pain that is now so much better by understanding TMS. Along with facing and allowing my feelings (the most important part of recovery for me) there have been a few physical practices that have been helpful, as long as I remember to think psychologically first. In the book Wild Feminine author Tami Lynn Kent describes how to make an internal pelvic map and do vaginal self massage. Once I understood that burning pain was a hallmark of TMS and I could be with all the fear that I had with this pain, I was able to do this massage and found it very helpful. I also have found the exercises from www.alignedandwell.com called Down There for Women helpful. They are simple and somewhat different than others I have tried. Trigger point release work as described in The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook has also been helpful for me. I'm happy to share more details about my recovery with you if you would like.

3. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

i still see my pelvic PT, but since i realized that muscle tension was less of an issue than the nerve sensitivity, i go less often now. There definitely can be pelvic floor dysfunction that feeds off of the heightened pain sensitivity (from the brain) so yeah, it complicates it. However, PT alone is unlikely to resolve the problem. I find that if i'm in a big flare, PT can bring it down to a more manageable level, but it's always temporary. I guess in a way, it can calm a flare and prevent me from getting worse, but i've never gotten full relief because tension is only part of the equation.

4. Cygnus2122

Cygnus2122 Newcomer

Thanks for the reply.

I completely believe that what I’ve got is TMS because if I’m doing something that is distracting me from thinking about my pain it’s not there.

When I have flare ups it’s feels like a burn in my thighs and around my perineum.

I’m a 37 year old male and this popped back up in November of 2019. Before that I had this issue in 2015 and after it went away I was pain free for 5 years.

I’ve been to my urologist who put me on Doxycycline and I’ve taken it for months but doesn’t seem to work and I’ve had a colonoscopy which was clear.

I know it’s a form of CPPS that I feel is triggered by TMS. I wondering if you all think I should do this program along with working on TMS.

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Cygnus, based on the two thoughtful responses you received, I'm thinking the answer is no. I realize that no males responded, but you are asking about a physically-based program, and the responses are equally valid when it comes to TMS. The takeaway from @Serides1 is that she found low or no cost exercises that helped her, but only while she was also thinking psychologically. The takeaway from @NicoleB34 is that she can get short term relief from PT, but that physical interventions are ultimately not a solution.

You could spend your money on a TMS-based program, such as the one offered by @Nicole J. Sachs LCSW. Nicole Sachs also generously provides many free resources but I totally get that some people need something structured. I don't know if you've checked out our two free programs.

6. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Sweetheart, I think you should read @ezer’s success story.

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/pelvic-pain-healed.8680/ (Pelvic Pain - Healed)

Then jump back in with your thoughts.

Plum x