1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Question about something written in "The Divided Mind"

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Renee, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Renee

Renee Well known member

Dr. Mann writes "An antidepressant strengthens the barrier against the repressed but threatening emotions. Even though people with paroxmsymal hypertension are not depressed, these agents work extremely well. I suspect it is because paroxysmal hypertension shares many features in common with panic disorder, which also responds extremely well to these agents." Does this mean that there is no hope in dealing with TMS if you are taking an antidepressant?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm not sure what the author meant, but I have taken anti-depressants for a very long time and was able to recover from chronic pain using TMS techniques.

3. Renee

Renee Well known member

Hi Ellen. Yes, I am really confused by what he means. It makes me feel better to know that you were able to recover while on anti-depressants.