1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Reduced Blood Flow

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mdh157, Jul 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

One of the TMS issues (as discussed by Dr. Sarno) is pain due to the body reducing blood flow to specific areas of the body resulting in a lack of oxygen in the tissues, etc.

My question is, if this was occurring in the extremities wouldn't it also cause the person's hands/feet to be cold as well?

I was having hand/foot pain but it appeared/disappeared about 7 months ago with no explanation, only to reappear in the past month (again with no explanation). My hands and feet, however, do not feel cold to the touch so I am of course thinking the blood flow is likely not reduced.

Does this make sense or not?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I wouldn't focus too much on the mechanism for TMS. Sarno postulated the oxygen deprivation theory, and others embrace the theory of sensitized neural pathways. What's really critical is to embrace the idea that the cause is psychological/emotional, and not focus on the symptoms and the body. That is the key to healing.

mdh157 and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I have figured one thing out for sure.........that I do have tons of rage. SteveO mentioned that when I first found this forum and he was right on the money. The problem is, I cannot knock someone's head off like I want to do!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

As Ellen has stated don't focus on the "mechanism". All TMS experts agree that the mechanisms DON'T MATTER! Focus on the "emotional dynamics" : (Monte Hueftle, author of, "GET RID OF THAT PAIN IN YOUR BUTT NOW!"),

mdh157 likes this.