1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Monte Hueftle's method of journaling

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by hippiesabotage, Jan 26, 2017.

1. hippiesabotage

hippiesabotage New Member

I've been experiencing a lot of success so far by following Monte Hueftle's TMS update advice and suggestions. In one of these updates, Monte recommends journaling but he doesn't go into detail about his method of journaling. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has purchased Monte's program and/or is familiar with Monte's journaling method could provide some insight into how Monte recommends us to journal. Thanks.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, hippiesabotage. I am not familiar with Monte's method of journaling, but I didn't need to read about it, I just wrote down what was on my mind, past, present, and future. That led me to realize I had some anger and other emotions going back to when I was seven and my parents divorced. I suggest you just think about what stresses you, and it will help you to discover the main ones. Dr. Sarno says we don't even have to solve stressful situations. Just recognizing we have them helps heal us.

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Monte writes about "JOURNALING", on page 107 of his book : "GET RID OF THAT PAIN IN OUR BUTT NOW!"

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

* "Journaling is a form of meditation..."

* "..a way of identifying stressors in our life situations.." --(see the HOLMES-RAHE LIST for what they are in order of severity).

* "There is no right way or wrong way to journal."

* The key is to just start writing whatever comes into your consciousness."

* "Just let your words flow without thinking."

* "...no one else is going to be reading your pages."

* "You can't hurt someone or embarrass yourself."

This is just my quick bullet-point summary--yours may be different. For Monte's original buy his book-- its's a short one--TMS is a simple theory--putting it into practice will vary from one TMS'ers sub-c to another.