1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Exercise

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by COgirl05, Feb 2, 2016.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

I'm doing better with the level of pain and fear lately, but I'm still trying to exercise more. I am 12 weeks postpartum and really want to lose some baby weight, but my back and core feels really weak and my back starts to hurt whenever I do squats or anything like that. I get frustrated and feel defeated by that pain and I know it's holding me back. I also know that every time in the past when I have gotten back to running and exercising, the pain fades, but this is different than it was before. Should I keep pushing through with the exercise? That's what I think my psychotherapist would say.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi CO girl! It's so hard to return to healthy living after a hiatus! Perhaps ease into things; if squats are painful at first, try another exercise. The important thing is to start.
    Of course if you feel the block us coming from TMS pain, feel free to tell off your subC and give it a reality check!