1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

QtP: Disheartening doctor experiences

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by evlar, Aug 5, 2021.

1. evlar

evlar New Member

What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind?

One of them, exasperated at finding nothing in my bloods or any other tests, suggested I 'try caffuene'. Another almost scoffed and said he wouldn't see me until I went to bed at the same time every night (kind of fair enough, but still hurt), another told me my symptoms were no way strong enough to warrant exploration, and the most recent one said my symptoms were 'most likely idiopathic'... Basically they were giving up on me.

I've kept all of this in my mind by treating myself as if this is all just in my head or not real or bullshit or, the favourite: everyone is going through tough stuff, that is just life. I should accept it. It meant that when my mum and dad made judgements about it being psychosomatic (not in the MBS way, more in a 'youve got to sort your head out, crazy' way) I hurt but I kind of accepted them.

Ever since, I've searched desperately outside of medicine to cure chronic fatigue and brain fog.