1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Psychosomatic Arthritic Pains?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by M.D_Eire, Jul 22, 2019.

1. M.D_Eire

M.D_Eire Newcomer

Hi,
    This my 1st post & I will make it Brief.
    I have been a big reader of Dr Sarnos work and have rid myself of many pains in the past.
    On this occasion I am unsure if I now really have a physical issue or if I am just being caught out by the brain.
    I have had finger, toe, elbow and knee pains for about 9 months. significant pain.

My Doctor is very open to mindbody and is anti drugs where possible but she believes I have seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis (43 male).
    The Rheumatologist believes the same.

I am not totally convinced but I have to admit... I still have the pains..

Before I give in to/accept the diagnosis I would like to know if someone has a specific example to backup or reject my diagnosis.
    Dr Sarnos books are not 100% clear..
    He does say R.A is not TMS and is a genuine inflammatory process, then he does say that many autoimmune are TMS.

Anyone specific experiences..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. M.D_Eire

M.D_Eire Newcomer

nobody?

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Sorry, I guess the best I can offer is the book When The Body Says No, by Gabor Mate, MD. He goes into the physiological processes behind what he calls the stress-disease connection. And by "stress", he is definitely referring to the stress of lifelong emotional repression. He goes WAY beyond Dr Sarno's theories. Pretty radical, quite brilliant, and beautifully written.

4. M.D_Eire

M.D_Eire Newcomer

thanks..