1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wintermute, Jul 20, 2013.

1. wintermute

wintermute New Member

I skipped a day reading and writing about TMS yesterday because my entire day was filled with other stuff. That's good I guess!

I've also been making good progress in resuming my programming activities. Sometimes I can keep typing for more than 30 minutes, but sometimes the pain sets in rather quickly. I'm trying not to pay too much attention to the pain when it arrives, which is actually going pretty well so far.

After my latest visit to the physical therapist on thursday I knew I had to quit there. Their service has been pretty awful so far, and I've spent a lot of money without any results so it's time to move on. I'm not sure if I'm going to visit another physical therapist or not. Somehow not taking physical therapy feels as if I'm not doing anything to improve the situation. Of course fully accepting TMS as the cause for your pain probably means you should not be interested in doing physical therapy any longer (well, in a lot of situations anyway). Either way, starting running, biking and swimming has done more for me physically than any visit to the PT has ever done, so for the next two weeks I'll just see how much I improve on my own.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Sounds like you're on the right track, Wintermute. It took me several session of PT to realize that nothing was improving.
    Are you still wavering on whether or not you have TMS? It's a huge step.
    See how you feel after focusing on your running, biking and swimming. Best of luck!

3. AndrewMillerMFT

AndrewMillerMFT Well known member

Wintermute,

Sometimes an unexpected break in the programming can bring a lot of insight. Too many of us can get caught up in doing the SEP just exactly right and that's just the back-door perfectionist showing up. Congrats on the progress.

4. wintermute

wintermute New Member

Thanks, Andrew and Gigi.