1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sean, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

It doesn't seem clear cut but I apparently suffer pudendal neuralgia...for two years...one of those phantom conditions that are difficult to diagnose...so after Day 1 I resolved to quit physical therapy and cease biking :(.
    So today the pain is quite minimal (2/10) whereas yesterday it would be 9/10. :) Something changed.

2. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Glad you are feeling better, but my understanding of TMS is that you are suppose to stop therapy but not stop doing the sports you enjoy. I could be wrong?

3. Sean

Sean New Member

Yes...that's what I understood as well but need a little more time to psych up for it

4. Sean

Sean New Member

I don't think you are wrong. I think it is variable depending on the individual. I ran today and felt fine until near the end and right after ( only 20 min). Pain went from 1 to say 5. Gotta figure that out. Strange that my knee pain seemed to respond to the TMS approach but not the area I really worry about. Gotta figure that out as well.

5. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Sean how did your pudendal neuralgia begin? How find they diagnose it? Did you injure yourself? I know all this stuff takes a leap of faith, I think. I'm still trying to figure it out myself..

6. Sean

Sean New Member

I never really had the diagnosis...the neurologist said I didn't have all the symptoms...that was 2 years ago tho...I seemed to worsen with continued biking to a point of being just too painful after I saw him...it seemed to come with the cycling but I had some major stressful events a year prior to onset...that seemed to affect a lot of things negatively...after trying no cycling for 10 months, PT, supplements, meds to no avail I came across Dr. Sarno on cycling blog so figured it couldn't hurt so to speak. I would definitely say that his approach is working. I replied to one of your earlier posts.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sean. Maybe you can get back to cycling a little each day. Eve if it hurts, try to stay with it a while. Continuing to be active is important in healong including TMS emotional healing.

You say you were under stress and then felt some pain while cycling... That sounds like the pain was from some emotional stress and showedup as pain while you rode your bike. Maybe go back two years to what caused the emotional stress and journal about it.

8. Sean

Sean New Member

Hi Walt...will try that...I actually think my first journal was very cathartic and will certainly continue

9. Sean

Sean New Member

Thanks for the thoughts Walt...the initial journaling did see quite cathartic...will surely continue

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sean. Keep up the SEP and you will notice the healing progress.

11. Sean

Sean New Member

Thanks again for the encouragement!!!