1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Progress with treatment and doubts

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mquest, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Mquest

Mquest Peer Supporter

Today, make a brief forum post about how you are doing with the treatment. If you still have any doubts about the TMS approach, include those in your post. If you have had an aha! moment or have found a certain technique helpful, post about that.

The last couple of days I feel like my pain has lessened a little bit. I've felt very reluctant to admit it to myself because I don't want to get my hopes up to high. Even though the decrease in pain is minor, I do notice a difference from a couple of weeks ago. Since I have so many symptoms at once, it's hard to be optimistic. My leg weakness is the same, which worries me the most. back and shoulder pain have lessened a little and I do see the most correlation with those pains and my stress. I was able to drive around yesterday for a while with not one bit of back pain. Made me realize that it makes no sense that somedays it bothers me and others it doesn't. Proves to me that my back pain is not structural or it would of hurt yesterday. My nerve pain in my arms seemed to decrease a little, but as soon as I do anything repetitive or strenuous with them, I feel the ulnar nerve rub up and down on my elbow bone and the irritation begins to set in. I scrubbed some dishes yesterday feeling pretty good and that set off really bad pain in my arm. Last night and today I feel like I'm paying for it with cramping and burning all the way into my fingers. I do sometimes doubt that some of my symptoms are reversible. I believe that my back pain and shoulder pain are reversible, but my leg weakness and ulnar nerve subluxation problem seem to be a little more hard to buy into. I do believe that TMS caused all of my problems, I just don't have 100% confidence that it can undo fully what it did. I also wonder if this way of thinking will prevent me from healing.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Time the celebrate the success you've had so far, Mquest. Sometimes it helps to focus on what has gone right, and you have had some lessening of pain, so congrats!

3. TheKingAdRock

TheKingAdRock New Member

i think we all have our doubts and especially so in the beginning. i would look for signs that point to TMS like if the pain moves around or if it seems to come and go. one thing that stuck with me that (i believe) Dr. Sarno said was with a real injury such as a broken leg, the pain wouldn't 'come and go' if your tried to walk on it. it would hurt every step of the way and would be localized to the point of the injury.

next you have to remember to think psychological! NOT PHYSICAL. i'd stop using and thinking in the terms you have probably been diagnosed with, such as 'ulnar nerve subluxation' the term sublaxtion is a complete bs 'diagnosis' and really is just a buzzword.

another key thing that has helped me was working on getting over the FEAR of the pain, and not so much the pain itself. don't be afraid to FEEL the physical sensation of the TMS pain but recognize it for what it is, just a harmless sensation.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mquest. From my own experience, it takes 100 percent belief in TMS to heal. I was about 90 percent free of severe back pain until I believed totally. It takes a lot of belief sometimes, but go for it!