1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. D'NiceTMS is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 7 Progress so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by glennherriott, Feb 28, 2020.

1. glennherriott

glennherriott New Member

I'm less fearful of the pain now. When it comes I recognise it as TMS and say to myself 'I won't be fearful of you'. Sometimes I do fall into the trap of feeling sorry for myself.
    I'm trying to see the pain as an opportunity to understand what it is angering me as a way of living a more purposeful life.
    I'm still having difficulty sitting down and doing work on the computer. I've associated sitting down with back pain and so I feel it the most in this position. I'm hopeful that this will dissipate as I progress through the program. I can see how ridiculous it is to have pain sitting down. It was over 14 months ago I injured my shoulder and it doesn't make sense for it still to be hurting / with the pain moving around my upper back!

Haven't yet found the emotions linking to my pain. Any tips on how to? It seems pretty difficult - like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Thanks for reading

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020