1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 7 Progress so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by glennherriott, Feb 28, 2020.

1. glennherriott

glennherriott New Member

I'm less fearful of the pain now. When it comes I recognise it as TMS and say to myself 'I won't be fearful of you'. Sometimes I do fall into the trap of feeling sorry for myself.
    I'm trying to see the pain as an opportunity to understand what it is angering me as a way of living a more purposeful life.
    I'm still having difficulty sitting down and doing work on the computer. I've associated sitting down with back pain and so I feel it the most in this position. I'm hopeful that this will dissipate as I progress through the program. I can see how ridiculous it is to have pain sitting down. It was over 14 months ago I injured my shoulder and it doesn't make sense for it still to be hurting / with the pain moving around my upper back!

Haven't yet found the emotions linking to my pain. Any tips on how to? It seems pretty difficult - like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Thanks for reading

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020