1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Progress & Roadblocks, That's Just How it Goes?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ireallywantmylifeback, May 2, 2019.

1. Hello all,

Checking back in for day 3. My posts are a bit out of whack because today really is my Day 4, but I am journaling the previous day. Psychotherapy was yesterday and it went really well. My therapist is not trained in TMS, but has read about the concept and possibly the book, she was glad that I was trying the TMS approach and told me she works on trying to get her clients to get better rather than conscribing to research based therapy. I am doing brain spotting which am not entirely sure of the whole concept, but it seems to be something that could be useful for my TMS case. While doing brain spotting I began thinking about past events that were either a bit painful or just odd (like being made fun off when younger, or kissing a girl and not feeling comfortable at the age I did, etc.). Nothing that I would call traumatic, but not pleasant memories either. I am not sure if this is the best approach, but I am hopeful and unlike before much more optimistic about outcomes rather than pessimistic. Pain is slightly less than yesterday, but still noticeable, though I am working on trying to find ways to welcome it and not focus to much on it.

I am starting to get all of the bills from ER and doctor appointments I have been too in the past month or so and being young and piling up medical debt sure is fun (sarcasm). I also missed about 3-4 weeks of the end of my semester, so it seems I am currently facing a tough situation where I either withdrawal from all my classes or fail some and pass some with an average grade. Not entirely sure of what I will do, but there is one thing I told myself…. there is always a solution and I will not be racing to find this one as that might just set me back. I still hate the fact that I have been in school for 8 years (mostly due to these health issues), but I will also not let it get in the way of my total recovery.

Have a great day everyone!

Reme likes this.