1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Progress made and Then Failure

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Pratik Rao, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Pratik Rao

Pratik Rao New Member

Hi All,

I am probably at my wits end now as I type these words and I have never felt so bad (physically ans emotionally) in my life before .

I was diagnosed with PNE due to extensive cycling and after all medical treatments failed , support from the TMS community helped me a lot to recover.

Unfortunately things have got worse now during the covid pandemic as work life balance is destroyed and more importantly domestic abuse is taking a very heavy toll on me. Apart from my PNE symptoms coming back, I have also developed spondylitis and severe migraine. I know it is TMS but the emotional abuse and work life balance distribution is taking an extremely heavy toll on me and due to the lockdown phases back here in my country I can’t even go meet over some friends and get a change.

I would really really appreciate everyone’s advice on how should I deal with this situation because frankly I am at the worse stage of physical and emotional pain right now.
    Just want someone to talk to.

Best,
    Pratik

2. mbo

mbo Well known member

please contact Kevin !
    https://www.thetmscoach.com/

3. Neil

Neil Peer Supporter

Hi pratik,
    Me too was wondering abt domestic abuse issue...
    Has anyone here discussed in earlier threads about how to deal with domestic abuse while doing the tms work or how to deal with it after recovery & let it not affect us emotionaly in future?

4. Pratik Rao

Pratik Rao New Member

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately I haven’t come across any thread that discusses domestic abuse, which is why I posted a new thread on it.

hope to get some advice from some of the senior members of the community.

Personally I believe that yes domestic abuse plays a very significant role especially if the abuse is really very severe and especially when it’s a lot of emotional abuse such as foul language, callous attitudes and lack of respect or humanity. For example in my case , I have a family of chronic alcoholics who was systematically troubled me emotionally and physically over years.

Back in the country where I live there isn’t any support or help offered by the government either so that young people can raise such issues and expect to get help.

really looking forward to some replies and advice on this thread.

may god give us the strength.

best,
    Pratik

Neil likes this.