1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31 Program's effect on career

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Raj s, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Sometimes i get myself putting too much pressure on me to finish some task in the work. I m learning nt to put much pressure on myself and relax and do the work so that i can achieve my task without any pressure..I am seeing nice results and also now i dont care abt my work too much.. i take it very simple. dont worry abt it much. tryin not to overthink abt it..

Seraphina and yb44 like this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Good for you, Raj! I like the saying "when you're on your deathbed, you won't regret not having spent more time working." You can substitute the word 'work' for many others too.

Raj s likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Raj. I have a workaholic boss who is a book publisher. He loads tons of work on himself and me, too.
    He and I are both perfectionists but he is a super perfectionist and not really all that perfect!
    I used to try to keep up with what he asked of me every day but that put too much pressure on me,
    so I began to work at a more normal, healthy pace, and it has made a big difference for me.

Try not to pressure yourself to accomplish so much each day. Find time to relax, meditate, breathe deeply
    from your stomach, and think happy and calming thoughts. Imagine you are taking a short vacation
    for a few hours to a favorite sunny beach. Really feel the warmth, hear the sounds around you.
    We can use our imagination to find peace and calm in our busy lives.

Raj s likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Raj s likes this.