1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Programming

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NIClubber, Apr 5, 2016.

1. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I believe I am suffering from what Dr Sarno called Programming. I wondered how people had successfully beaten that part of TMS.

I have had some amazing but very short reductions in the back pain I have had form most of the last five years. The only success I have had is from either talking to a therapist or journalling. I had another success last night from writing about being angry with my mum from scattering my dad's ashes in the back garden of the now former family home, rather than somewhere more public that I could go to reflect on his death (he died after a five week battle with multiple advanced cancer, which we believe started in the throat).

I have had other short reductions in pain to talking or writing about other emotional things - mostly either anger or guilt. The good part is that it shows that the pain is TMS, but it is driving me insane to have the pain come back, sometimes stronger than it was previously.

I am not against trying either hypnosis or meditation or something else, but I cannot deal with this amount of pain for much longer.

I should also maybe point out that in a little over four weeks I will be going to travel round parts of the USA for four weeks, and am frightened the pain (and dizziness) I am suffering from will completely ruin what is shaping up to be a really exciting and amazing trip.

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I know what you mean about traveling it stops me from doing many things do to FEAR . I just came back from a trip to Florida and it was ok once I got over my fears I enjoyed myself and when pain came I just excepted it and moved on. But since I came back 2 days ago I have been in tms hell I can't move from pain threw out my body

3. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I'm travelling a lot during my vacation - NYC, various parts of Colorado, LA, Phoenix and then back via Denver and NYC.

I have had a few successes over the last couple of years since I 'discovered' TMS, but the original problem that brought me to this point (the back pain) is still a massive part of my life.

I think I may have discovered the overriding reason for the TMS - people not being interested in me and my life.