1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

pro-structural website talk about Dr. Sarno

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by balto, Apr 8, 2014.

1. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

Mermaid likes this.
  2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

But it is interesting how close the second treatment modality described in this article, "Multi-Disciplinary Treatment of Lower Back Pain," comes to long-term TMS healing, which is, as Steve Ozanich describes it, holistic and multi-faceted and often includes, meditation, journaling and various Power Therapies like EFT and EMDR. If you don't get a classic Sarno "book cure" after reading Healing Back Pain you often have to do some more mental and environmental homework to resolve deep-seated problems in the psyche that are supplying the "tension" driving the TMS symptoms. This sort of "homework" necessary for many of us to fully heal from TMS also involves many of the same modalities included in the "Multi-Disciplinary" approach:
    • Physical—including de-conditioned and weak muscles, nerve irritation, etc.
    • Emotional—including depression, anxiety, anger, etc.
    • Cognitive—such as negative thoughts, pessimism, hopelessness, etc.
    • Environmental—such as loss of job, financial problems, etc

Mermaid likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Bruce, it was good hearing you on the call-in last night.
    You did an excellent job of summarizing the introduction to Herbie's and my book.
    There's a lot in it, but you condensed it very nicely. Thank you.

It took some time for me to do the mental work such as journaling but it sure helped.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and BruceMC like this.
  4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I did the journaling about 3 times in a row, Walt, and each time I identified the same list of stressors. Okay, now I know what's bugging me. However, that didn't help as much as just chilling out and relaxing. Cool is the rule!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I think it's easy to reach the same stresses through journaling. That happened to me, too.
    I guess I decided myself which were the most important.

Then I let it go. I forgave everyone and myself. I remember from the Bible
    that God forgave us and we don't have to keep asking him for that.

I love relaxing. When I meditate for just a few minutes I tend to fall asleep.