1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Previous Successes trying to cure OCD, insomnia, and repressed emotionality

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tacosaurus Tex, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Tacosaurus Tex

Tacosaurus Tex New Member

Hi everyone,

I recovered from "carpal tunnel syndrome" in 2008-2009 through using Dr. Sarno's techniques and now I'm back to conquer what I believe to be other psychosomatic conditions. For the past several years I've suffered from recurrent bouts of insomnia and am currently experiencing some major sleep disturbances. I've also recently come to terms that I have major problems with compulsive behaviors including obsessive ordering and listing (e.g. listing the 100 greatest basketball players of all time in my head), and embarrassingly enough, compulsive masturbation. I understand these conditions as psychological defense mechanisms to deal with repressed emotional pain and I plan on trying to do what I can to eradicate them.

What I think is noteworthy about what I'm doing is that I don't have any physical pain to speak of. There's no back pain, tendonitiis, foot pain, neck pain, etc. I have a series of psychological equivalents (some of which I've had since infancy) and I believe I can use the TMS treatment method to eradicate, them or at least radically alleviate their intensity. If you suffer from depression, chronic insomnia, OCD, sex addictions, etc. then I think my thread might be of interest to you. I know with this community's support I'll make great strides toward living a happier life and I'd like to use this structured treatment program, and this forum, to relate my progression from day-to-day.

David

Edward likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Tacosaurus Tex
    This is an awesome post of you calling out yourself to be a winner.
    I support you in everything your doing.
    Awesome - Thanks for sharing.
    Let us know your progression.
    Bless you

3. Stella

Stella Well known member

Hi David,
    I have had depression almost all my adult life along with many other illnesses. When I started this program I "knew" depression was also a piece of this puzzle and it is for me. I have to work on it all the time. The dark cloud floats into my mind less and less now. All the traits come into play for me. Particularly when I "see" I have disappointed some one or they are not happy with something i did or said.

Welcome, you are going on an amazing journey.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.