1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pressure in tailbone / rectum

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Theweehamster15, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Theweehamster15

Theweehamster15 Newcomer

Hi I was suffering from real bad anxiety for a month and a half. It was making me have an anxious poo every morning when i woke up like clockwork. The poop was fine, a little loose but nothing worrying. As my anxiety wore off I stopped having these nervous poops but I was constantly thinking and worrying that I was gonna have a nervous poop again and just general anxiety around pooping. The anxiety went but i got this awful tightness in my butt that felt like i needed to poo. I started googling and it made my anxiety worse. Weird thing was- if i told myself the sensation was in my head it went away! I could also focus the sensation in my tailbone rather than my butt. I talked to the dr about some other back tightness and pain i was experiencing and they said it was highly likely to be anxiety related. I managed to get rid of this feeling for over a week but i started getting anxious about needing to poop again and the feeling is back and wont go away.

I'm getting so frustrated because I know it can go away but its just there on my mind all the time. I'm constantly worrying and thinking about it- I have no other symptoms just this horrendous anxiety and tightness and could really use some help.

2. tmstraveler

tmstraveler Peer Supporter

You’re 100% fine. Your anxious brain is just looking for something to fixate on. I know that’s difficult to stop but it’s something everyone here grapples with. You should start taking care of yourself aside from this concern. That means whatever relaxes you. Do you things you enjoy. Take a hot bath. I know it’s hard to do and it’s scary but this is just coming from nervousness. Allow yourself to notice it. That’s OK. But give yourself more interesting things to focus on. Eventually you’ll forget about it. But don’t *try* to forget about it. It’ll fade if you just let it be background noise.