1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnancy & Morning Sickness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by marcy, Jan 31, 2014.

1. marcy

marcy New Member

Hi All - has anyone here with TMS experienced pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness? After curing myself of back pain through Dr. Sarno's books, I am seven weeks into pregnancy and have been experiencing morning sickness/nausea throughout the day. I have to wonder if this is just another TMS symptom - as it is something that we "expect" to get during pregnancy and pregnancy is an obviously stressful (but also exciting) time.

2. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello. Yes, I had terrible morning sickness with both of my pregnancies but especially with the second. With my daughter I had morning sickness the entire 9 months, pretty much 24 hours a day! I tried everything under the sun, including the anti-nausea medication they give to chemo patients. Nothing helped and then minutes after I delivered her I felt better than I had the whole pregnancy. I often wondered if the hormones could have changed that quickly. I hadn't really thought about it being TMS until I saw your post. They don't really know that much about morning sickness and the doctors are not that concerned with it because generally women with morning sickness have very healthy pregnancies. Meaning medically, it is not a negative unless you throw up so much that you don't stay hydrated. Most doctors I spoke with actually thought it was a good sign. But it sure is tough to live with. I think it is worth a try to treat it as TMS and see if you can find some relief. My daughter was worth every minute of it but it was thirteen years ago and I still remember it like yesterday! Hope yours gets better soon. The vast majority improves between the 12th-16th weeks. Hope you are feeling better soon.

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Marcy, I can't get a strong opinion either way….TMS or hormones. Hormonal changes/cycles are a normal part of womanhood and I regard some of the pesky side effects as part of the package. I think with TMS however, symptoms can be exaggerated….and sometimes greatly.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum now…moving into menopause. I try to remind myself that any hormone induced quirks are just a normal part of the aging process and not get worked up over them. For me, that's where the power lies. I can start fixating on things and freak out over them.

So I guess my word of encouragement for you is take it day by day and roll with the punches. (And later on….the little kicks! :) )

Is this your first baby? And by the way…warmest congratulations!

Ellen likes this.
  4. marcy

marcy New Member

Thank you both! It makes it so much easier to deal with the nausea knowing that it will end shortly, and it is somewhat comforting to know that nausea means a healthier pregnancy! Whether it's TMS related, I'll never know - but that is okay since it is temporary.

North Star likes this.