1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Posture Foward Thinking

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Susan1111, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

2. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

Gosh, I used to be soooo obsessed with posture and alignment... That is a good article btw. It's funny, eventually I learned that a lot of people in these perfect posture pictures are actually forcing their posture to be as straight as possible while taking a quick snap shot. I've seen people with all kinds of humps and bumps and have no pain so that is definitely one of my examples in my evidence sheet. My neighbor has a huge hunchback herself and pelvic shift (wow, I hate using these words these days), yet she is in her 70's, goes jogging everyday and has no pain.

Susan1111 likes this.
  3. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

Lol Giantsfan I agree many posture pics especially before and after are faked. Not even possible!

Lots of body issues like your neighbor and no pain!

I teach Pilates which emphasizes body mechanics alignment and I know it is not easy to make these changes. Structural/skeletal can't change and poor posture from bad habits takes work. Its not easy to bring balance back to your body. I work at it all the time. Every workout.

I believe in good posture for many reasons but no longer because I'm concerned about pain.

giantsfan likes this.